Welcome to the website for San Xavier Mission School! We are a catholic school within the Diocese of Tucson and an extension of San Xavier del Bac Mission. This site is to inform you about the school and be a resource for our Parents/Guardians and students. We are located on the Tohono O'odham reservation approximately 17 miles south of Tucson, Arizona.
San Xavier Mission School was the first Catholic school in Viagra the state of Arizona established in 1864. The present school is located on the west side of the San Xavier del Bac Mission.
If there is something you would like to know about us and do not see it here, please contact us.
The school is located at 1980 W. San Xavier Mission School, Tucson, AZ 85746.
The school phone number is (520) 294-0628.
We hope you enjoy the website!
News and Reminders
For the current Newsletter click here! A message from our principal about our school and tuition please click here! SXMS is a K-8 school and it is currently accepting registration for the 2012-2013 school year. Scholarship money is available through FAIR and the Catholic Tuition Support Organization (CTSO). Financial aide is only granted after completing the FAIR application. Please contact the office at (520) 294-0628 for more information. Click here.
Student Learning Expectations (SLE)
There are four Student Learning Expectations at San Xavier Mission School.
1. An Active Christian is a student who:
- * demonstrates knowledge of Catholic faith by actively participating in the sacramental life of the Church.
- * gives service to others and to the community in the tradition of significant patron saints.
- * shows respect for self by practicing good health and hygiene habits and shows respect for others within the family, school, and community.
2. A Culturally Aware Citizen is a student who:
- * demonstrates basic knowledge of the Tohono O'odham language skills and himdag (the way of the people/culture)
- * contributes to the social environment through positive interactions with pears, adults, and elders of all cultures.
- *displays reverence for Earth and her resources through studeent, class, or school activities.
- *exhibits knowledge of current local, regional, national, and global issues.
3. An Effective communicator is a student who:
- *listens actively and responds appropriately.
- *speaks and writes clearly and correctly.
- *expresses thought and feeling in a socially acceptable and appropriate manner.
4. A Life Long Learner is a student who:
- *uses strategies and critical thinking skills, flowing from the Catholic Diocese of Tucson and Arizona state educational standards to solve problems.
- *independently prioritizes and completes tasks and assignments.
- *contributes to the learning environment by working and playing cooperatively and demonstrating tolerance, respect and fairness.
- *demonstrates growth in self-discipline and decision making skills by applying Discipline-With-Dignity techniques.
We at San Xavier Mission School do our best to take care of the Earth. You can help our environment and school by bringing us your aluminum cans. The money we raise by collecting cans help many programs at our school. So if you have cans and would like to donate then, please drop them off at the school. Total amount raise at school this year is: $318.